Explore this private oasis by clicking on the links below. Details follow.
$1,799,990 4 Bedrooms, 4.25 Baths & ADU 5250 Sq Ft. 20 acres 2 Parcels
4253 Echowood Lane, Langley WA 98260 MLS#1018874
Delight your senses with this custom built home in the middle of nature, thoughtfully sited between Clinton and Langley on Whidbey Island. Perfect for your own private sanctuary, bed and breakfast or multi-generational living.
Walkways thru storybook gardens surround the home leading from the fire pit to the tranquil pond to a delightful breakfast patio and more. The front entry deck boasts a seating area for late afternoon sun.
The living room with 9 foot ceilings and recessed lighting shares a striking gas fireplace with the vaulted dining room, open to the second story. Both areas open to the East-facing deck for enjoying morning sun rises over the Cascades and for shady evening meals. The roomy window seat is a great place to curl up with morning coffee in the winter and enjoy the panoramic view.
The music room off the living area leads to a serene pond-side patio and the adjoining library offers a quiet place to catch up on a good book. Powder room with honed black slate slab and vessel sink fits graciously into the curved wall of the entry.
The chef’s kitchen is tastefully appointed with limestone counters, brushed stainless steel backsplash, solid Birch cabinets with glass doors and a corner sink with nature view. The versatile cooking island puts you in the middle of the party.
Upstairs you will find the master bedroom suite privately situated with a view east to the Cascades and a peek of the Sound. A gas fireplace cozies up those NW evenings. The master bathroom is finished with tiled floors, soaking tub and a large shower. Along with the master there is an office and a media room or second office, all with expansive territorial and peek Sound views over the treetops.
Far removed from hectic urban life yet easy access to surrounding towns, Seattle, and SeaTac airport. It’s just a seven minute drive to Clinton Ferry (15 min) to Mukilteo where you can board the Sounder train for an easy commute into Seattle and on to SeaTac.
- Cedar and Steel Exterior. Steel Roof
- Music system with speakers throughout the home. Intercom system
- Security system with monitoring available thru Whidbey Telecom
- Cali Bamboo composite decking for sustainability, low maintenance and long wear
- The main floor bedroom wing features 3 bedrooms and 1.75 baths with skylights throughout
- High end appliances include double oven with convection and side by side refrigerator
- Walk in Pantry …plenty of room for trips to Costco
- A high-efficiency furnace for each floor, and two hot water tanks: all fueled by propane.
- Fenced veggie garden with raised beds, fruit trees and chicken coop….yes….fresh eggs!
- Approved ADU Studio above the garage boasts Mt Baker view, skylights, & 1074 sq ft of privacy.
- 1000+ sq ft garage with 3 doors and no posts. Plenty of room to work at the bench.
- Tractor shed with room for an RV. John Deere Tractor and attachments avail for purchase
- Well is shared with the second parcel, one neighbor, & one undeveloped property
2nd Ten Acre Parcel Included in This Sale:
- Temporary Yurt with extra insulation for winter weather goes with the sale. Currently heated by a wood stove. On demand propane hot water. Indoor and outdoor showers
- Septic system in and approved for 2 bedrooms
- Shares well with main parcel, one other home using the well and one property undeveloped
- Separate electrical panel with the same meter